Sunday, February 6, 2011

Study or watch the superbowl?!?

Ok, so that's not really even a question...studying it is! We have midterms this week so studying is all that i've been doing this weekend, plus i'm not realy a big fan of either of the teams in the superbowl this year so I'm not really interested in watching it lol. I know I told my dad, but for everyone else reading this I got a 95% on my quiz last week! The things we are learning about right now kind of click with me so I'm expecting to do just as well on the midterms this week! It's going to be over all of the cardiology stuff we have learned plus now we are learning about the respiratory system! I never realized how complicated breathing is haha. I find it interesting though and now I actually know what my Albuterol inhaler does (it blocks the Beta-2 receptors in my lungs which then causes dilation of the bronchioles/airways!). Plus in anatomy lab we got to take the lungs out of our cadavers and cut through them to see what the lungs look like on the inside (looks exactly like a sponge!) and then we got to hook them up to oxygen and see what it looks like when they expand! I guess it's good I am easily fascinated by these kinds of things lol. Hmm what else has happened?!.. I spent the night at my friends Ashley & Kim's apartment on tuesday night (well I got snowed in and didn't really have a choice) and then we didn't have school the next day!! They said U of I has only had 6 snow days in the last like 40 years or something and now I've been here for 3 of them!! Unfortunately, Ashley and Kim have two cats so it kind of triggered my asthma which then turned into a cold so I have been taking medicine and trying not to get too sick while i'm doing all this studying. Well I guess that's it for now..hope everyone else is enjoying their Sunday & staying warm!
Kiira

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kiira! We were at a Super Bowl in the Dallas area - spent a couple nights at Phillip and Joyce's -- I love to hear what you're seeing from the inside :) The first actual surgery I got to be in on during nursing school was bypass - open heart - I was allowed to stand right beside the surgeon - it was pretty awesome - ! Regarding friends with cats -- if I know we're visiting someone with cats I have to premedicate with Alavert or I really react - no asthma though- Phillip has to struggle with that though........well - thanks for sharing -- hope you're staying warm! Love and Prayers, Aunt Kaylene

    ReplyDelete