Friday, February 25, 2011

Raji!!!

Hiee! So in terms of class this week we have just been learning more about the different gastrointestinal system and more about the respiratory system. We have a quiz monday that I will be studying all weekend for. We did have more interesting anatomy labs this week though. We have been doing palpation (which is feeling basically) on the resident horses and cows. Basically, we have to know where all of the organs are in the animal from the outside which makes sense when you're going to be opening them up to do different surgeries etc.. What I have been most excited about this week though is my new dog!!!!! I have been telling my friends the entire year that I want my first dog to be a tri-color collie since that was they very first dog I ever had. I also said that I wanted to adopt one though since I feel bad for all of the shelter animals that need homes. Then last week a tri-color collie came into the junior surgery!!!! (the juniors do all their spays and neuters on the shelter animals, that way they get spayed/neutered for free before they are adopted). He was perfect ad I had to have him!!! I am very thankful that my parents allowed me to get him:) If I can figure out how to post pictures on here I will. His name is Faraji which means comfort but we're calling him Raji for short. We brought him home yesterday to my friend Ashley & Kim's place, that's where he is staying. He is absolutely the sweetest dog I have ever seen and he is probably a perfect dog to have for vet school because he is very calm and just sits there while we study. So now I have a little friend to comfort me when i'm tired of studying/be a constant reminder of why I'm in vet school :-D Guess that's it for now! Back to class!




Kiira

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful "comfort".....Raji.....I remember Simba --- hope you find Raji brings you just as much enjoyment, Kiira! Love you, Aunt Kaylene

    ReplyDelete