Saturday, May 14, 2011

25% veterinarian

Well I am now 1/4 of the way done with vet school!! If the next 3 years go by this quickly I'll be a vet in no time!! The last couple of weeks were really busy with studying and work and running 2 half-marathons (one in champaign & one in quincy). Our finals covered a lot of material dealing with the kidneys and the brain. On our Day 2 for example, we were given a scenario of a dog coming into the clinic presenting with certain problems and we had to do a full cranial nerve exam/say what we were doing and what we were testing and everything. Interesting but a little difficult. Overall I think I did pretty well on all parts of the finals. Now I am back in quincy for the weekend then heading back to champaign. I'll continue working with the frogs and Purina throughout the summer and am also trying to find a job at a clinic to gain more experience. I probably will not post during the summer (unless I see a lot of interesting things in either of my job) so I will talk to you all again in August when i'm a 2nd year!!!

Kiira

No comments:

Post a Comment